Purpose of Portfolio
My portfolio is intended to document my professional and personal development toward achievement of CSU DPT Program outcome objectives and curricular threads.
Physical Therapy Program Curricular Outcome Objectives
Upon completion of the program, graduates will practice physical therapy in a variety of settings, in order to promote optimum health across the life span and will:
- Apply the ICFDH and Patient/Client Management Models in the delivery of physical therapy services.
- Integrate biological, physical, ethical, social and psychological principles and theories to assist the individual to optimize his/her capacity to function within the environment.
- Use interaction and communication skills in all professional relationships.
- Use critical thinking and discriminatory judgment when making decisions in the practice of physical therapy and within the health care arena.
- Value and continuously develop the existing and evolving roles of the physical therapist as a teacher, researcher, consultant, administrator, and advocate.
- Practice in a reflective fashion and pursue ongoing professional development and life-long learning experiences.
- Demonstrate a sense of responsibility in regards to contemporary health issues and participate in activities that advance physical therapy and serve the community.
DPT Program Curricular Threads
The CSU PT Program emphasizes physical therapy service delivery within a culturally diverse, urban context:
- Patient centered care (using the ICFDH and Patient Management Models)
- Attention to individual differences including life span position and cultural competency
- Ethical and professional behavior and professionalism (PT and program core values)
- Effective interaction and communication skills
- Evidenced based practice
- Health promotion, prevention and wellness
- Professional development and life long learning